06 November 2008

"A Nation Unified In Exhale..."

("release" by blackalicious/saul williams)




Last night I dreamed that controversy erupted and blue states were taken away from Obama, creating an even more chaotic mess than Gore had in 2000. Luckily I woke to find that this clean and fair election really did happen, Obama is indeed our President-Elect, and I've been nothing but smiles all day (as displayed above). Feels great being on the winning team for once.



Quick side note: Here is the monster of an Ethanol factory just yards away from the Prairie Art Center. It's a mean muthafucka, funking up the whole town with some sort of poisonous white bread madness 24 hours a day. I'll go ahead and say that it penetrates like no funk I've ever encountered in NYC. That would have to be my only real complaint about the city of Peoria. Thankfully Germantown Hills has some of the cleanest air I've ever inhaled, so I haven't lost my mind yet.

Rolling right along with this body of work, I continued on the big piece I started yesterday, stretched primed and underpainted another big one, and made more progress on the DJ piece (Roger Sanchez at Vangard in LA). 9 days til the exhibition, it's a sprint to the finish line now...











1 comment: